If you’ve got lower back pain, stiffness or an ache - it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from...
There’s no obvious reason why it happened - but it doesn’t seem to be going away!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica is THE most common problem that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Fort Worth, Texas.
And when it comes to living with back pain, everybody we see wants to know...
"Why is this happening to me?"...
"Why am I still suffering with back pain after putting up with it for 6 (or more) months?"
Most people think that when they get back pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like magic, it’ll be as if back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with back pain - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does that sound like you?
Another scenario we see all the time in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
Has this type of thing happened to you?
Why else does back pain last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something - like lifting or sleeping awkwardly - but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your l
ower back to become weak and the lifting of the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing - back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
Note: This free Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or sceptical about physical therapy- unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a discovery visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How can choosing to see a physical therapist at Ried Physical Therapy help you get rid of your back pain - in the next few days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our physical therapy team can do for you:
1. We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness, often with just a couple sessions
2. We can help you find out what's really going on and get to the root cause of your back pain once and for all, and it usually only takes 20 minutes!
3. Pain can zap you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep. We can help you enjoy sleeping at night and live with more energy each day
4. We will ensure that your problem is corrected and healed properly. And we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
5. We can help you put an end to taking all those painkillers that can damage your health long-term
6. We can help you avoid unnecessary spinal surgery or injections
7. We can help you avoid repeat visits to the doctor
8. We can help you get back to enjoying the quality time with family and friends that your back pain has limited
9. We can help you finally get a good night's sleep without tossing and turning to find the position that feels right
10. We can help you sit more comfortably and walking for longer periods of time
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our clinic, then please click the button below and complete the short form:
How to put an end to back pain and stiffness without taking painkillers, without risking surgery, and without having to wait to see your doctor!
Click the Book to get a copy
A Doctor of Physical Therapy will perform a thorough history and examination of your injuries in order to see if Ried Physical Therapy would benefit you.
Perhaps you have some questions and you think it would be better to speak to someone at Ried Physical Therapy first so you can be 100% sure that we can help you.
Hear From Happy Clients of Ried Physical Therapy
Please enjoy watching stories from other people just like you who came to see the physical therapy team at Ried Physical Therapy - and left much healthier and happier within just a couple of weeks:
If you're currently living with back pain, here's 7 more reasons why it could be lasting longer than it should:
1. You thought it would go away on it's own- but it didn't
2. You went to the doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers- but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off chronic back pain struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. tried other healthcare professionals, or physical therapy, in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried looking up exercises but they either didn't do anything, or made your back pain worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few massages hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel relaxing and didn't do anything to fix it long term
“What can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Back Pain quickly?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that back pain will just go away with time, but then 6 months down the line they're still putting up with it and nothing has changed or it's gotten worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things to help ease your back pain is the right series of progressed exercises. The right exercises, given to you by a physical therapist, will help reduce pain, allow you to quickly move freely again, and make sure the problems don't come back anytime soon or aggravate your pain.
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest. Have you ever tried to get up from the sofa after sitting for a while, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That's because one of the worst things for back pain is long periods of sitting or non movement. Sitting in awkward positions for a long time or long periods of inactivity makes your back stiff and tight. It is much more beneficial to be given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture in addition to hands-on treatment so you can be active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, hands-on PT. PT is proven to help people with low back pain. In fact, at Ried Physical Therapy it is one of the most common injuries we see. If your back pain is affecting your job, ability to keep active, independence, or time with family and friends, physical therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the physical therapy team at Ried Physical Therapy can help you live with less back pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics: